San Francisco Giants #44 Willie McCovey
Roll your cursor over the image to see magnified detail of the piece.
Willie McCovey #44 is a unique mixed media drawing by artist Kirk Timmons. This mixed media drawing features a montage of detailed pen and ink drawings depicting Willie McCovey within the #44 he wore for the San Francisco Giants from 1959-1973 and 1977-1980. Nicknamed "Mac", "Big Mac", and "Stretch", Willie Lee McCovey was one of the most intimidating power hitters of his era. McCovey was once called "the scariest hitter in baseball" by Hall of Fame pitcher Bob Gibson.
McCovey hit 521 career home runs. The San Francisco Giants retired McCoveys #44 in 1980. Willie McCovey was elected to the National Baseball Hall of Fame in 1987.
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.
- Player approval through National Baseball Hall of Fame.
- Unframed Print: Measures 16"20".
- Officially Licensed by Major League Baseball.
- Counrty of Origin: United States